Guide for your Family Vacation
You booked your family vacation in Stowe! Now what? Pack your bags, get in the car and get yourself here. We will take it from there. Check out our suggestions for great family activities on and off our property.
- Check-in after 3:00pm
- Take the dog out for a walk around our property (yes, we are pet friendly!) and get yourself oriented. Don’t forget to check out the swimming spots in the river beyond our backyard.
- The first thing the kids will ask is “When can we go swimming!?” Swim in our indoor/outdoor pool, rain or shine.
- We know you are tired after the drive here, so take advantage of our on-site restaurant at Stowe Bowl for dinner and drinks. Don’t worry, we have chicken fingers, pizza and mac ‘n cheese…your kids’ three favorite food groups.
After dinner –
- The fun doesn’t have to stop after dinner! Play mini-golf at Stowe Golf Park at sunset or play under our night lights until 9:30pm. Grab dessert at the Stowe Golf Park kiosk. We have some great ice cream choices!
After kids go to bed –
- Mom or dad: take the opportunity and slip out for a night cap at the Stowe Bowl bar. (Don’t worry, we won’t tell.)
- Come on over and get breakfast in our breakfast room. You can also take it back to your room or eat outside on the patio.
- Get your good shoes on and let’s go for a hike! The Mill Trail is a great spot for a family hike with a beautiful waterfall at the end called Bingham Falls.
- Grab the bikes or take a walk to Idletyme Brewing Company just down the road from us. They have a beautiful outdoor seating area and corn hole for the kids while you wait for your excellent meal to arrive!
- Take a rest in the backyard or by the pool. Let the kids throw rocks by the river.
- Grab a lane at Stowe Bowl served up with some snacks on the side. Who doesn’t like French fries? But you will love our sweet potato chips too!
- Grab Italian at Piecasso or Asian everything at Sushi Yoshi. Both within walking distance of the Sun & Ski Inn and Suites. We recommend the “Piecasso” and “Heartstopper” at Piecasso. At Sushi Yoshi our favorites are the “Seared Salmon Roll” and chicken fried rice. Bring your quarters because both places have small game rooms for the kids to hang out.
- No rush for you to get out the door – check out isn’t until 11:00am. Late check-outs are also available until 1:00pm for free or after 1:00pm for an additional $50 fee (subject to availability). But if you want to hit the road, check out Harvest Market for your grab-and-go breakfast. Delicious pastries, egg sandwiches, coffee and much more.
- Hit the Stowe Recreation Path on your bikes! Leave the adult bikes at home for convenience and rent ours right at the Stowe Golf Park Kiosk. If you didn’t bring the kids bikes, AJ’s Ski & Sports has everything you need.
Lunch and afternoon –
- We have the perfect stops as you head out of town. Eat lunch at the Apple Core Luncheonette and Brew. Visit the Cold Hollow Cider Mill right next door. They have yummy Vermont products like maple spread, jams, and don’t forget the cider donuts!
- If you still have room for dessert, head over to the Ben & Jerry’s Factory for a tour and ice cream. They have a playground too! Perfect to get out the energy before the drive home.
Other great activities and attractions for families: