Wine Tasting: Italian Wines
Trapp Family Lodge
700 Trapp Hill Road
Phone: (802) 253-8511
Italy is, in some vintages, the largest producer of wine in the world. If not Italy, France takes the honors. Italy produces about 1/4 of the world’s wine. This means France and Italy together produce about half the world’s wine. That strikes me as amazing. We’d better do our share of drinking some of this bounty. We’ll taste wines from Tuscany, Piedmont, Sardegna and Venezie. Two whites and three reds.
Price is $20. Please call or see the front desk to place reservations. (802) 253-5742. Doors open 4 p.m. They suggest you arrive no later than 5 p.m. to avoid feeling rushed. People come and go during the tasting which is an informal walk around format. Tasting ends at 6 p.m.
- Riff Pinot Grigio, Progetto Lageder 2016
- Fratelli Povero Roero Arneis, Cisterna d’Asti 2014
- Sella & Mosca Cannonau di Sardegna Riserva 2013
- Pertinace Nebbiolo, Langhe 2015
- Castello di Albola Chianti Classico 2013